Thursday, March 7, 2019

$700 Value IN GOLD and SILVER Plus Box of Extras All For $10

It has been some time since I got a really good find in a jewelry bag. I used to get something in each bag for a long time, but it has been fewer and fewer finds in the bags I have been buying.
I went to a second hand store yesterday, and while shopping, ran into a friend. We sat down on the chairs there, and visited for a long time. 

After that, I ran into my sister for a few minutes. While there, I got a call from Princess Number Two who told me my niece that has been engaged for over four years, is finally getting married, so I was on the phone with her. I am not normally at the store that long, but with all the craziness, I was there probably at least 1 1/2 hours. I was finishing up, and one of the workers I am friends with said, "Take your time, I think jewelry is coming up." 


OF COURSE I took my time, and looked at some isles I normally don't look in just so I could see if any jewelry was coming to the sales floor. 

The Manager brought a cart out and there were about five bags of jewelry on the cart and a box of cufflinks. I quickly grabbed all the bags and box, and started looking at them with my loop and magnet to see if there was anything in the bags and box that would make them worth the prices. 

I ended up buying three bags of jewelry and the box of cufflinks, tie tacks and bars. It took me a few minutes to look at them, and a few people came looking, but I have learned that if I don't say I want them and have them hold them for me, people will come sometimes and actually take them from in front of me saying they want them. So, I always say that I want all the bags and then look at them more closely and return the ones I don't want before leaving the store. I can't actually take the bags with me to the front as you have to have a worker do that, but if I say I want them, no one else can come and take them while I am looking at another bag. 

I would never take a bag from someone and I figured others would be the same, but that isn't the case and I would not fight over any bag or item. I would give it away rather than fight over it, but there is common curtesy for that type of thing. Sometimes, I will call a store if I am headed out on errands, and ask them if they have any jewelry bags. If they do have some out, I will ask them to hold them for me. They are allowed to hold them for up to an hour. I then go look at the bags, and if I don't want them, they will stick them back on the floor, but you never know what is in the bag until you look.

I do like that the manager isn't filling the bags as full as he used to so you can see the items in the bag and then is selling the smaller bags for $15 verses the larger bags for $20 to $50 each. I find that for $15 even if you find one or two items in the bag you like, you would pay that for one or two cheaper costume jewelry purchases, so I am thrilled with the way he is doing it now. 

I made videos of each bag, and in one bag, found many cufflinks that matched ones in the gentlemen jewelry box. I was glad that I bought the bags. I hadn't known that the cufflinks were in it when I purchased it, but was happy that I was able to get matches for about five sets from that $15 bag I purchased. 

The box was $10 and I went through it last. I was so excited when I found that it had a heavy and large money clip in it that was 14k gold. I was even more excited when I realized that I had matching cufflinks to the clip in solid 14k as well! It was nearly an ounce of 14K gold! Currently in the U.S. 14K gold is $750 an ounce! 

I also found 2 1/2 ounces of silver! In the video, there were two cufflink sets I wasn't sure about and one had been repaired on the back. After the video, I found "Sterling" marked on the inside of the area where the flip goes on the cufflink back. I had never seen any cufflinks marked there before, but I will now check that area for sure. I loved going through that box. It was so much fun! I also found some things that I think my nephews will like, and something for my father that I think he may like, so it was a really good find for me. 

For value verses cost, that has to be one of my best finds at a second hand store! So happy with that! Have a Blessed and treasure filled day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment