Thursday, February 28, 2019

Where to Find Markings on Bracelets and Necklaces - A Jewelry How To

I have had many more people looking at my jewelry "how to" videos recently. 

I thought I would show specifics on certain types of clasps and types of jewelry. I wish there were a standard for where they would "Mark" jewelry, but it seems like every maker or country marks their jewelry in a different place or spot. 

Even the size of marks varies. One would think there would be a standard marking stamp or something. Some are microscopic, they are so small, even with a loop I can't read them clearly. Others are quite large and you can see them on someone while they are wearing an item. There are no standards that way.  



I made a video and put all different types of clasps in it and showed where the markings were on each clasp. I have tried to make it in better light than some of the other videos and using the computer, I can see what I am showing you to make sure the markings actually showed up. 
I hope that these pictures and video will help you know better how to know if the jewelry you have is real. So many people don't know how to tell, and they discard it without knowing its value. 

I hope you have a Blessed Day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment