Friday, February 1, 2019

Made For Me Bouncy Ball Making Glow In Dark Kit Review and Videos

I have been spending some time with my grandchildren and daughters family this week. It has been a wonderful time visiting with them and you all know, being a grandma is one of my favorite things in life! 

I always take totes full of activities for the grandchildren to do with me and I always keep my eye out for activity kits to do with the kids when I visit. I have been lucky to find all sorts of new, unopened activity kits for the kids. 

I am not sure why people don't do them with their kids and grandchildren, but I am very grateful that they donate them to the second hand stores as we have really enjoyed all the kits I have been blessed to find. 

I have been collecting them for years and I have a few totes and have them stored by age groups so I can take a tote with activities that would be fun for the ages of the grandchildren I have. 

I have a full box of experiments for the next few years as they understand more. They are all unopened and I never pay more than $4 for any kit. Most are between $2 and $3. 

Even though the children are small, you would be surprised at the things they remember from my visits from one visit to the next they will ask about doing another "kit" similar to one we have done or another similar activity. The dinosaur excavation kit is one she has talked about quite a bit. 

My oldest Grandchild is turning five and I am seriously impressed at the things she remembers and can tell me about what we have done in the past few years activity wise. 

She will say things like, "Grandma, do you remember when we did that one thing? With the dinosaur bones?" That was last July if I remember right. 

This trip, I brought four totes of stuff. One was mostly Valentine and birthday presents. The other three are all activities to do with the kids. One box of stuff is things I have brought and done before with them. I find that if I leave them here, they get lost or aren't as exciting but when I bring them every few months, they remember playing them but are still excited for a new activity several times a day. 

By having new activities, they behave better and seem to be kinder to each other and more involved in the activity. It has been interesting to watch how one won't want to do an activity but when I get playing it with the other, then the disinterested one starts to get more excited and want to join in.  



 For the most part, we have not redone the same activity for the past four days. We did do some of them last visit but they didn't seem to mind that.  

This product is by a company called "Made for Me" products. It is a bouncy ball making kit. The instruction in the kit were a bit vague but we figured out a few tricks and it was fun at a few different times but I did have some issues with the kit. 

There are only two molds. Each ball takes about 30 seconds to pour in the sand crystals. Then, it takes TEN minutes in water, then ten minutes drying time and then you can remove the mold and it takes another few minutes to dry so the outside where the mold was touching can dry. 

Any kid is going to lose interest when there is 20 minutes of no touching or engaging involved. It states it is for ages 6 and up but my grandchildren loved the balls. 


Watch the video for more hints on the best way to make them. Don't fill them quite to the top of the mold. When you pull them out of the water, scrape off any part that goes above the round portion of the mold and push the rest down with hour fingernail so that it will dry round. It is better explained in the video. 

They had more fun bouncing them in the kitchen and watched this video 20 times and asked me to make more video of them bouncing the balls. 

I tried to take a few pictures but it is hard to catch fast moving bouncing balls but look at this great picture where his ball in in front of his face and the orange one is near the counter. It was a fun activity for kids.

Have a Blessed and Bouncy Day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment