Thursday, February 7, 2019

Happiest of Birthdays Grand Princess One - Loved My Visit

I am still struggling to get over whatever this horrible thing is that we all got and shared. I thought I would have overcome it by now. 

I went to visit Princess One and her family for a week last week to celebrate Valentines Day and Grand Princess One's Birthday. It is a long drive to visit, so I collect things for the events and when I get to see them, we celebrate many things. 

Also, I am trying to make sure when I purchase things for the kids, that I check with their mom first so I am not overwhelming them with "stuff." I found that last year for Christmas, I went a week early and pulled out all their gifts one night and although most of the stuff was things I called them about ahead of time, just pulling out three boxes of stuff and having kids rip through them, it got a bit overwhelming for them. 

Once we broke it down, it was stuff I had called and asked about for several months, but when you have toddlers throwing things around, it can be a bit much. 

This year, I tried to pull out the stuff I had called them on, they wanted me to get, when the kids were down for naps so she could put it away rather than them digging into things and it worked out better. 

I then took my time pulling out Birthday gifts one at a time and spending time with them playing with them. It made it much more calm and enjoyable. For past birthdays, I had to give them all the stuff at once and usually when we were passing for an event so the kids didn't even know the gifts were from me. 

I am learning how to do this "grandma" thing, and am very grateful that my daughter and her family are patient as I learn the best way to do it for all involved. 

I did save a few big items for her "party" and took her out for the day. We went shopping and she picked out a toy, went to McDonalds for an ice cream, play, toy and then to the store to pick out which ice-cream she wanted and got her two flavors she had never tried before but we enjoyed trying. 

I appreciated the brand as it didn't have red dye in it but used beet juice to make the cherry and strawberry ice cream red so she could enjoy it as she reacts to red dye. The lady checking out gave her a dollar of her own money as a birthday present along with some stickers.

I gave her the two signs for her room after checking with her mom to make sure it was "ok" to give her. I also gave her the Princess Robe which her dad tried on to make her smile. He is such a good dad and we all got a good laugh. She had a dance party with her brother while wearing her "Belle" shoes, "Arial" crown and her new robe! It was a party for sure. 

We spent time doing crafts and this one was with "dot paint" We made pictures for Princess Five who is serving as a missionary in New Jersey, so I will get those in the mail. As you can see, we had a good time all around. 

Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment