Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Herbed Rosmary Italian Mashed Potatos


I wanted to make some mashed potatoes the other day since I had some potatoes that needed to be used. I made my potato salad (click here for that post)  and then made some mashed potatoes. 

After washing, chopping and boiling the potatoes,
I wanted to try something to "spice" them up as I didn't want to make gravy and have never really liked gravy so I tried adding some Italian seasoning mix I bought bulk. It has; Oregano, Rosemary,  Marjoram, Basil, Thyme, and Sage. 

I then added some butter and coconut oil for flavor as well. Lastly, I put about half a package of cream cheese in and mixed it all up using a hand mixer.
I loved the flavor and Princess Four was there when I made them and she said she liked them but since she likes gravy and is used to that, she said she thought they would be better with some type of gravy. 

I just heat them up and put on a bit more coconut oil after they are heated. It is WONDERFUL and I will be making them this way again for sure. 

I think I will try using these for shepherds pie. I think with some veggies, meat and cheese, it would only make it better. 

No comments:

Post a Comment