Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Another College Graduate - Princess Three is Free

We have another college graduate in the family. This past week, Princess Three graduated Magna Cum Laude (3.75 or higher GPA) with her associates in Science! 


We arrived early and still ended up on the bleachers in the back of the auditorium but I would have chosen to sit there anyway as it is directly across from the podium. 

If you remember back, Princess Two had her graduation in the same building four years ago. Click here for a post about that.  Looking back, I guess I didn't post any pictures of that. 

Princess Three sat next to her best friend at college during graduation and we were VERY happy that her friend had "b-dazzled" her cap so we could always see where Princess Three was during the ceremony. 

Because of the hat, we were able to get lots of the pictures of Princess at close range. Otherwise, I wouldn't have been able to find her and focus in. 

When she walked across the stage, she got a huge hug from her boss where she has worked for two years since she stayed working through the summers as well. I was glad to get a few pictures of that and her visiting with those on the podium. 

I told Princess Four to remind me for her graduation that I want to sit on an end seat so I can get out easily to take pictures of her on the stage and sitting, and also to do something to the top of her cap so we can find her. 

It was a VERY long ceremony as it was a new president and he thanked EVERYONE and had them each stand and described each person on the stand and all of their accomplishments as well as his family and the family of others. 

He had all the veterans stand and all the alumni that were in attendance and each professor and joked that if we hadn't had a chance to stand yet, not to give up. 
 
I joked with Princess Four saying, "Everyone whose name starts with a P, please stand up." at one point because it became such a joke and made the event so LONG. Hard wooden bleachers with no leg room made it all the worse.  

By the end, everyone was visiting and playing on their phones and ipads etc. I was sad for those that spoke last as by then, everyone was tired of sitting. 

When it was over, I got several pictures of Princess Three and Four walking in front of me and I loved the one of them holding hands and skipping down the flag lined sidewalk together. 
 
Princess Three wanted a few photos with her best friend at the clock tower so we took several pictures there. 

I thought it was nice that Norbest donated some turkey and the college fed all the graduates and families a turkey dinner. It was really good. I was very impressed. 

All the graduates got a shirt from the school along with a medallion. It was a good day with lots of good memories as I got to see one of my best friends who was visiting from the midwest to see her daughter graduate. They moved about 10 years ago. I wish I had more time to visit with her but at least I got to give her a hug.

So proud of you Princess Three! I LOVE YOU! I am grateful for you and who you have become! 

No comments:

Post a Comment