Monday, May 3, 2010

May may be Crazy!

This week my second daughter graduated college with an associates degree on Saturday and moved everything home. Today, we drove 5 hours one way to register her for classes, find an apartment, and apply for work. We went up two weeks ago and spent 5 hours looking at apartments. The place she wanted to get into was full.


Today after a few small prayers, we found a wonderful place for her to live, got a great lead on a job, registered for summer and fall classes and just arrived home. It is after midnight.


Tomorrow, my second daughter has her 20th birthday. At 8 in the morning, I will climb on a bus full of 13 year old children to drive 2 hours one way to watch my fourth daughter play in the band.


Thursday, we get up at 5 for my third daughter to attend a leadership weekend for high school which is 2 1/2 hours drive one way. Saturday, we pick up the second daughter from her extended weekend and drive 3 1/2 hours one way to take the youngest two to a dance competition and then return home to a Mothers Day phone call from my oldest daughter who is serving as a missionary in the Philippines for the past year.


In between all that we have dance classes, dance photos, piano lessons, a 1 hour drive to do 2 hours of service and an hour back, Dare graduation, a three hour drive each way to visit my mother for Mothers Day and a wedding amongst other things.


Sometimes life gets so fast paced that I wonder "Why am I doing this?" Then, in the quiet moments, driving the distance, sitting on the bus , watching the videos of the events later on, when the daughter involved reaches over and grabs my hand or rubs my back and tells me that they are glad I am their mom and thank me for supporting them or being the only mom to be at the event etc. I get a sure knowledge that I am doing EXACTLY what I should be doing and that each of these moments is giving my daughters the self esteem, confidence and knowledge she needs to be a strong daughter of God ready to face this crazy world with peace and courage.


May may be my craziest month every year but it is usually the most gratifying month of the year. I am so blessed to have such amazing and talented children who are grateful and share that gratitude with me. It makes it all worth while. It makes me ponder on if I thank God enough for all he does for me. It makes me wonder if he is sitting on the bus with us or sitting in the car next to me while I make the long drive while everyone else is sleeping. Is he watching and cheering me on as I strive to support my children in life's lessons and challenges just as I do with my girls? I can't help but picture him sometimes with his hand on my shoulder telling me I can do it as I put my hand on my daughters shoulder telling her she can do it.


Each time one of my children thanks me it makes me want to do so much more for them. I am sure this must be how our Heavenly Father looks on us. I think I have a prayer to say for such a safe 10 hour drive, the car working well, finding a place for my daughter to live that we both feel good about, for getting the classes she needed when the counselor we met with told us "I can't believe you got into that class! No one can ever get into that class" and many, many more small miracles that came our way today and each day.......


Thank you for reading my blog! I am GRATEFUL for YOU and to our Heavenly Father for putting YOU in my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment