Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Ultra Bright Head Light


I bought some stuff in the car section to brighten up my car headlights as they were somewhat scratched up and I wanted to get more light through them. 


Just after purchasing a buffer kit for the lights, I saw somewhere that you can use toothpaste to polish your headlights on your car. 

I thought I would give that a try and save myself the $14 on the kit I purchased. 

I think it has to be the regular toothpaste and not the gel but what do I know. So, I used our "Ultrabrite" toothpast on the headlight. 

It is kinda hard to see on these pictures unless you blow them up bigger just what it did do but I just used paper towels and rubbed some toothpaste on the cover to the headlight and buffed it up with some paper towel and then a bit more and then just washed the toothpaste off the headlight and was amazed at what came off. 


It was weird though that on one light, the towel came away with brownish color on it and on the other headlight, it came off grey and dirty. I am not sure how one could be so much different but perhaps more mud was on one side and just bugs or something on the other side.


I do think it worked and is brighter than it was before. It amazes me what people will come up with and wonder who the first person to try it came up with the idea. Like I go around thinking to myself, "Hmm, I wonder what the headlight will look like if I rub some toothpaste on it?" 


I am glad someone figures these things out and shares them so I can save myself some money. It didn't take long to polish them both up and get them looking shiny and bright. I would have to say they are ULTRA BRIGHT, and not just because of the toothpaste brand I used! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment