Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Princess Five's Art Show - Part 1

The semester at school just ended and Princess Five was in an art class. She came in the other day and was excited to show me the pictures she drew.


All the girls are artistic but because they dance, they don't have lots of space in their schedule for extra classes.



Princess Three had an art class and it was nice to be able to see her talents. 

Princess Five took art and really enjoyed it and did learned quite a lot in her class. As you can see, she learned to draw heads, noses, eyes, lips and she also drew a daily picture that the teacher had made into a calendar. 
 
One of her pictures that I liked is her Minnie Mouse headband. One of her favorite drawings is the tree from the Dr. Seuss, Lorax movie, the Truffula tree.  She and her friends actually made little Truffula trees and when she moved into her new room, she stuck it on her bulletin cork board. 
 
Now she has the tree next to the calendar she made.  

She also drew a bouquet of flowers which is beautiful but I didn't get a very good picture of it as the glare off the laminated pages on the calendar reflected. 
 
My favorite piece, she did in the colors of her room and I framed it but I have house guests in her room and can't take a picture so I figured I would do a part two tomorrow and show it to you then. 
 
I am impressed with her drawing. I am sad she isn't taking another art class as she wants to do drama. 

She was actually signed up to take the second art class until this week when she decided she would rather take the advanced drama class. I am excited to show you the framed art tomorrow. It thought it was very cool and hope she does a few more so we can have several on the wall. 

No comments:

Post a Comment