Monday, February 17, 2014

Teak Oil Treasure - Trailer Waxing With Ease


I posted about using Teak oil on my trailer to polish it up a few months ago but didn't get to finish the trailer due to bad weather. 

Over the past few days, it has been nice in the afternoons and I really want to get the trailer finished so I went out this afternoon and worked on it. Because the Teak Oil takes off the oxidation, when you first put it on the trailer, it takes off the oxidized paint so if I use the cloth on the colored area and then go onto the lighter sides, it will pull the darker color onto the off-white paint so I had to do the colored area separately.

I wanted to post about this again because I am AMAZED and how quickly the stuff works at shining up the trailer and how well it takes off the oxidation. I wish I had taken a picture of the other side where the wax was in the post where I talked about the Teak Oil verses the wax. Click here for that post. The waxed area was showing signs of wear in a few spots. I think where I buffed it more, there was still a shine but in a few areas where I put the wax but didn't rub it in as much, it was dulling and obvious.
 
I had Princess Five take these photos as the oil on my hands was sticky due to the cold air and the trailer was a bit cold but you can see even in the cold temperature, the oil worked great at shining up the sides of the trailer and you can even see how well it worked on the white sides due to the sun's angle. 

I called Princess to bring the camera out and take these for me so you could really see how well the oil works even on the white. It is amazing to me how it cleans off the dirty stuff. like scratches, grease, and other dirt. You do have to rub it a few times to get it off but compared to how much you have to rub to wax one area, it is like three rubs to get off the dirt versus 25 to buff it using the wax. 
 
 You can see clearly where I used the oil at the back of the trailer near the "Nomad" sign and where I didn't use it. You can also see below the colored area, how some of the colored oxidation gets on the white sides. After Princess left with the pictures, I just used a clean paper towel with oil on it and wiped the colored stuff off the white sides and it came right off. 

Where I used the Teak Oil on the door and trailer sides, looks so much better than the rest of the trailer and the waxed area. I just did a quick and easy coat on some of it for that post and then with the snow, never got back to it. 

I figured if I finish the side of the trailer that is in the sun and then turn the trailer around, I can finish the other side of the trailer in the warm sun and then get it put away finally. 

I also used the Teak Oil on the widow edge guards and wheel well covers and it shined and cleaned them up nicely. It works so well I am going to try using it on my car next. Just want the trailer done first. I'll post about the car to show you how it works out when I do!

I wanted to show you how well the Teak Oil worked on the fiberglass cover on the trailer. It has been a few months with lots of snow and cold wet weather. I posted about it here a few months ago. I think it looks GREAT still and much better than before I put the oil on it. This is the original coat, I never put a second coat on. Just wanted you to see how it still looks great.

Also, the Teak Oil is fast. I only had about an hour of sun after the dance competition and I got the colored parts, window edges, vents, wheel well covers and a few "signs" on the side and back. With a few more hours, I could get the side done and maybe the back. If I could get some help, I could probably get it done in an afternoon but with the girls having dance everyday after school, it probably won't happen. I'll slowly get it done. I am just happy I am not using wax to do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment