Friday, February 7, 2014

Over the Door Antique SIlver Knife Hook

Princess One is having a baby and asked that I come visit and help her. Her due date is today. So, with that information, I am going to post a few quick posts ahead of time so that I can visit her and enjoy my first grandchild (grand-daughter) without having to lug my computer around or find internet service etc.

This is a cool thing I saw once and took pictures but since I have never made one, I didn't feel like I was expert enough to post about it but it is such a creative way to use old silverware. If you have some cheap silver plate silverware, you can use it to make these creative over the door hooks. Wouldn't it be lovely to make a hook for each grandchild with grandma's silver or something as a way for each grandchild to get a piece of grandma's silver. It isn't like people actually eat off silver anymore as it is so much work to polish and that is a large inheritance for one person to get if there are lots of family members so making these hooks would be a way to share it with everyone. 

I made some jewelry out of spoons and forks but never finished the sets off. I probably should get to that and blog about it. You flatten the forks and wrap them around and they are bracelets as well as using two handles to make one bracelet. You can make earrings out of the forks and spoon tops as well. I will put  finishing those on my "to do" list for Easter. It would be nice getting them done.

If you make hooks out of the knife, a bracelet out of the fork and spoon handle, a necklace from the fork or spoon top and use the middle of the spoon and fork shaft for earrings, each person gets one full set of the silver. Kinda a fun idea. I'll be posting about Princess grand-baby one soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment