Thursday, February 13, 2014

Duck or Duct Tape Hat

Here is the third shortest post. The things people will cover with Duck Tape. This hat was covered with Camo Duck Tape. It was at the store as an idea as to what you could do with the tape. It is just a baseball cap and they covered it with the camouflage  tape but then after trying to hide in the bushes with the camo hat, they put BRIGHT orange on the inside so as long as they didn't need to take it off and wipe the sweat that would come due to the hat not being able to let your head breathe, they would be hidden.

Once they take it off (as I can only imagine it would be like wearing a plastic bag on your head), everyone would then see them with their orange liner.

I guess if you got lost, you could just take the orange tape out and use it to flag down the rescue plane once the launched the search party. :-)

My guess is after they put all that tape on there, they put it on and realized how stupid that idea was and it didn't look worn so I think they figured that one out fairly quickly.

If I were going to put tape on a hat, I think I would do a cowboy hat and just do the rim. Could be cute if done right.

I would skip doing this unless you just did it for a craft and took a group picture or something. I don't think it would be comfortable or useful. If the tape on the sides worked loose, anyone with hair would have it getting stuck and pulled and I am guessing with the sweat on the forehead, the tape would start to come off and roll.

Worse yet, wear it on a hot day and you may end up with a sticky ring on your head or in your hair as the tape melts. No, not the best idea someone had.

No comments:

Post a Comment