Monday, February 24, 2014

It's About Time - Part 1



Princess Five has wanted to make a "Watch" or "Timepiece" project for a few months. She asked me to start collecting watches. I purchased a few bags of jewelry from a second hand store and they had watches in them. I also sent out a request on facebook and to my family and friends on email asking if anyone had any old watches (working or not) for a project that Princess was doing.


A few people gave us some items and we looked at a few different options for the "frame." I purchased a tea spoon collection frame/holder. I was getting ready to paint it when I saw this white shadow box frame which I thought could be cute.

Just after that, I found this hutch type shadow box that was $20 at Hobby Lobby. I got it at a second hand store but it was new and unused.

I gave Princess Five the option of which "frame" or Box she wanted to use and since she was going into her new room, she chose the light wood box frame as it matches the desk in her room.

I am not sure what the box was actually made for but it is a box that has four dowels that fit into slots. Since there are dowels, instead of gluing the watches onto the backing, she decided it would be cute to have the watches hanging. 

She sifted out the watches and used less than half of them for her project so I may use them at some point for another project.

The first thing she did, was to lay all the watches out on the table and sort them by the one's she likes. She then sorted them down a little more by picking some of different sizes and shapes. She decided to make it symmetrical for the most part. 

We then went through all the ribbons and lace I had and she picked out some "antique" looking lace and ribbons in light colors as she didn't want bright thinking that her home may not be bright colors like her room is now.  

To be continued....

No comments:

Post a Comment