Monday, November 19, 2012

Went Looney with Sit-itus and Over-Focus Syndrome


I have a tendency to get so focused on a project that I have a hard time doing other things while that project isn't finished. 

That is why I don't start puzzles unless we have a long weekend where I know I can get it done as I don't like knowing I have unfinished projects to do.

Sunday all day, I had a horrible headache. One of the worst in a year. I was in bed most of the day taking drugs and drinking Coke to try and keep myself from losing what wasn't in my stomach. (Hadn't eaten much.) 

After about 8 pills and two liters of Coke, I ate something and wanted to keep my mind off the pain so I started working on Princess Five's quilt. She walked in on me the other day working on it when I thought she was in bed so she knows about it but she couldn't keep the smile from showing as she has asked "How it is going?" several times in the past few days. 

I didn't think it would ever take as long as it has but there are so many overalls and small shirt, etc that most of the squares have more than one item needing to be stitched on. I was up all night and it wasn't until mid day today that I realized I hadn't blogged for today. I worked almost 24 hours on the thing straight. I had all the rows square stitched together and sat down for a moment to pin the rows together. 

That was when the Sit-itus hit me. The Over-Focus syndrome hit about an hour earlier when I realized I hadn't blogged. I have 720 posts over the past 2+ years and have only missed a few days due to technical difficulty in posting etc. I think there was one day I posted late but today, I totally didn't even think about it last night or today until late in the day. 

Princess 2 came in about 2:15 p.m. and gently woke me. I was sitting up with the top two rows of her quilt pinned on my lap and had my legs on the coffee table where the cutting stuff was. I told her to let me sleep for a few hours. I made a few calls to reschedule some things and laid on the couch like you see in the top as I was so tired I didn't want to go up to bed. 

I had a three hour power nap and got up to write this after getting the girls dinner. 

This is why I don't like to start new projects until the last one is finished. It makes me VERY tired! I could so be called a "work-a-holic" so it is good I can focus on one thing at a time until it is done and then start the next.

No comments:

Post a Comment