Thursday, November 15, 2012

Warner Brothers Meets Princess Five


I have to ask you to keep quiet to Princess five about this post. I decided to make a few of my Christmas presents for the girls. It seems like last Christmas was spent mostly on wedding stuff for Princess number one and I didn't have time to make much. 

This year, I have several projects planned and a few underway. One that I pulled items together for last year to make and didn't have time to do, is now under way. Princess five collects Warner Brothers memorabilia.

Here is a link to her room showing some of her collection I posted about before. 

Most t-shirt quilts are fairly easy to make. Most t-shirts are standard size and in adult sizes. However, this quilt is going to be a bit different. I am using clothes they actually wore. It is more like the Pooh quilt I made for Princess two years ago. Here is a link to the post about that project. 

This quilt is going to have hats, overall's, t-shirts, pajamas and sweatshirts they wore. I am also using some pillows she had in her room a few years ago. Those are the squares at the top of the post.  

So, for the next few days, I will be showing how I attach hats, cut and use overalls etc. I showed her a large night shirt I bought for my mom that had Tweety on it and asked her if she wanted that on her quilt eventually (I didn't want her knowing I was doing a quilt) and she said, "No, it doesn't have stains and memories on it. I want stuff we actually wore and used on it." I thought that was so cute. 

Princess two has her pooh quilt on her bed right now and said it is her favorite blanket and feels "wrapped in love" when she uses it. So, I am in the middle of cutting squares and hope to get it finished soon as hiding it from her is not easy as I lay it out and cut it etc.  

No comments:

Post a Comment