Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Growing Miniature Squashes - Totally an Accident


So, I shared with you that this weeks posts were going to be short. This one actually is funny because they are all short. 


We planted our garden this year and I did my best to keep it watered but somewhere in there, I lost the battle. The sprinklers I put in were hidden behind vines and I didn't get them moved so my squash crop this year was quite funny. 

I got one pumpkin that would fit in my palm.

I got two butternut squashes that are barely enough for one. 

The banana squashes are not much bigger than the butternut squash. the largest one is a spaghetti squash that actually is good size and Princess four is excited about that as it is one of her favorite squashes. 

Sitting on the boxes, you can't really tell how large they are but in the palm of my hand, you can see that the banana's are just funny small. 

I think I will cook them all on Thanksgiving showing gratitude for our harvest, as small as that may be! 

Here is a picture of the banana squash next to the one that I bought a few weeks ago at the pumpkin patch.(Here is a link to that post)  Quite a difference in size!

No comments:

Post a Comment