Monday, August 27, 2012

In God We Trust - Lucky Money Jewelry


 I told you last week that I would share some of the fun things we have done with money, coins or jewelry this week. I told you last week about my double rainbow and stressful meeting and moving my third princess to college. 

The rest of the week was stressful for many reasons. I had company come from out of state and moved my friends daughter to college, I baby sat a 6,4 and 1 year old for two days and over night. The other princesses started school and we were headed to an extended family function out of town. 

With all that going on, you wouldn't believe how many coins I found in that stressful week. One day, I found 7 pennies. The next day, I found a dime and 5 pennies, the next day about five pennies. However, the places I found them were so odd. My out of town friends began to laugh as I found money every where we went. 

Another friend came to visit the out of town friend and they wanted to go and get some shakes at the local dairy so they pick a booth, we sit down, I look at my friend who is sitting diagonal across from me in the booth and sitting on top of her ear, is a penny. I laughed and pointed it out to the out of town friends and they couldn't believe it. Right behind her on the chair rail on the wall, was a penny. When I looked at her, it looked as if it were sitting on her ear. 

I think Heavenly Fathers Angels were working over time that day placing that penny on that chair rail and having them sit there so I would see that penny and know that I need to trust in God in all things. Not just the easy things. 

I took a picture of the penny on the chair rail with my cell phone and wish I had my better camera with me as I would have liked to have a picture with the penny "sitting" on her ear but didn't think she would have been comfortable with me taking one of her so I just took it of the penny. 


This is so weird but just now, I texted the picture from my phone to my email so I could add it to this post and when I opened the email to capture and save the picture, you won't guess what time the email was sent..... Yes, 11:11. 
 
Someone is really trying to tell me to trust in God at this point. I am trying to trust that things work out His way but sometimes, fear creeps in and I forget to continually trust in him but what a nice reminder as I blog just now.... Here is a photo of the email and I hope you have as many blessing reminders as I do.  

Well, back to the craft.... After having that fun experience, I thought to myself that I would like to make some jewelry that I can wear out of some of the coins that I have found over the past few years since I started picking them up.

I pulled out my money jar that I put all my "found" money into and started looking at the coins to find some that weren't the scratched up run over one's I have found. I didn't know that there were so many types of pennies. I never really looked but there are five different backs that I have found. Most of the backs were new to me.

The only coin that wasn't "found" and picked up on the jewelry was the one with the heart in it. I bought that one and thought it would make a cute center for the necklace. 

First, to make your own, just lay them out and see what order you want them in. Then, use a 1/16 drill bit and drill a hole in the edges if it is for a bracelet or the top if it is for earrings. There are so many options but just lay it out first to make sure you like the way it looks before you drill. I drilled them in a box to keep the little metal shards from getting all over and from keeping the drill from going through into where I was drilling.

I used a similar pattern to the token necklace and earring set I made in my last post. Here is a link to that. I didn't have a center one hanging down on this necklace, but I did like the earrings hanging down with one just longer than the other. 

Put on jump rings to hook them together for the bracelet and earring set. You can do all pennies and buy copper fittings or you can do silver and copper as I did and use the silver fittings. I actually used a necklace I already had for the chain and clasp as we had a few the girls weren't wearing so we recycled the clasp and chain for this set. If it is a weird color or you want copper, you can get them at the craft store. Use needle nose pliers or jewelry pliers to open and close the jump rings. 

I got several compliments on my set as I wore it for the first time. I LOVED that I got to share how the coins came to me and what they represent and several people said they liked that I don't leave the coins on the ground due to God's name being on it. They asked more and I was able to share my blog "card" made by my eldest princess with them so they could look up the posts "In God We Trust" and read about it in more detail. Click here to read the first post about that.

The funniest thing that happened was that half way through the day, my sister saw me at a store and as we were talking, I looked down and laughed telling her "I found a penny." and she said, "Of course you did!" smiling. My sister then asked, "Why are you wearing two different earrings?" I had grabbed them off the dresser in the dark and put two dangling earrings on but one was the penny/dime and the other was black. lol 

That will tell you what kind of week I had last week! We will laugh over that for years. May you be so blessed in your life as I am in mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment