Monday, August 13, 2012

High Flying Rodeooooooo Fun


 We did another first for most of the girls. We went to a rodeo. I looked around us in lots of cities trying to find a rodeo as our exchange daughter princess is fascinated by the American West. 

Normally, I wouldn't have the funds to take us all to an event that we didn't REALLY care about or want to go to but, Providence was upon us and my Heavenly Father once again moved things to allow us to be able to  attend for free. 

My dear friend, who hates to be named on my blog, told me if I could get her passes to a "fun center" through my connections, she would use her connections to get me rodeo tickets for my Princesses and I. She decided to take her daughter and we went together. 

This was wonderful news as my cousin was in the Rodeo Royalty so it was great to be able to go and see her along with the rodeo. My girls aren't cow girls due to the fact we don't have horses even though we do live in a small town. I always smile when people assume since we live in a small town that we like country western, wear boots and have horses. 

I had a grand time taking pictures of bucking animals but I don't think all the animals had a grand time. I think some of the animals enjoy it like the roping horses and the barrel racers but I can't imagine the bull with all four feet off the ground in my picture below are happy to be there.

The girls were all smiles and Princess number six was taking lots of pictures and bought some trinkets to take home as we left the arena.
Some of the clowns and jokes were a bit on the red neck and crude side for us and the girls didn't think they were funny but it was an experience just to be there and see it. It was really impressive to see the ability of the men who participated. The event was probably enough for us for lots of years but it was a first.

No comments:

Post a Comment