Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Double Rainbow Kinda Day - College or Bust


 Today, God blessed me. I had a very long meeting today which didn't go well. However, when I got out of the meeting about seven, I went home to load up Princess number three for college. She had all her bins and things in the driveway needing help to load them into the suburban when it started to pour rain. 


I had some family with me and they helped us cover it and load it back into the garage and then quickly load it into the suburban. Some of it was quite wet. I hurriedly loaded the cars and I drove with Princess number four and the other two took Princess number 3's car. 

As we pulled out of the driveway, we looked up and saw a double rainbow. That is shown in the top picture. Just then, "You gotta have faith" song came on the radio. Both the meeting I had, and moving another daughter off to college, and school starting in a week for the other girls, has me a bit stressed. My Heavenly Father in his infinite love, gave me a sign in the sky and on the radio to remind me to have faith. 


Before my stressful meeting started, you won't guess what song came on the radio..... Wait for it..... You guessed it, "The Middle." If you don't know about that song, click here and you will see how many times in my life when stressful events have come about, that song plays. 

The other miracle I believe is that this is the third double rainbow I have seen in two weeks! Yes, the top picture is today's double rainbow and the second picture down was last week's and I didn't get one of the other as I was driving and didn't have a camera with me.

We arrived quite late at night to her new home for a year while she attends school. It is a small room but it came out so cute. I think I will blog about some of the items tomorrow but as you know, she went to Africa on a service mission last summer so she loves African things. How funny then when we pulled up to the house and there were lions in front of it! We searched for a long time for the items to decorate with. The small pictures on the left wall are all photos she took of animals on her safari and one of her with the African children. 
 
The spear in the corner is one she actually bought in Africa. It took us hours to hook up the surround sound, hang up clothes, put food, dishes, books, games, desk, dressers, and bookshelves together to make her room look so cute but she has a place for everything.

At the beginning of the summer, I felt really strongly that I should get all her stuff together for her college room. I started collecting things and asking her what she wanted and started sewing as well. 
 
The girls and I had fun putting together a place for Princess number three to call home. Knowing how busy my summer has been with us having Princess number six exchange student and the play last month, I am glad I listened to that feeling and got ready as it made today much easier. We finished after 2 a.m. and after driving home and getting on here, it is almost 5 a.m. so you can guess how tired I am but rather than doing a little easy post, I had to share how grateful I am that my Heavenly Father showed me his grace today. He continually keeps me going.   

No comments:

Post a Comment