Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Wish-Bone Upper Hand - First again


I think from the start, Princess number six was set up. Look at the twinkle in Princess number five's eye. She looks like she is up to something in the top photo. 

I am not sure if other families have this tradition but our family has always had the tradition to save the wishbone from the turkey and have each player make a wish and then they each pull on the bottom of the "wish" bone and whoever gets the top bone of the wishbone wins their wish. 

However, if you tell what you wished for, the wish will no longer come true. 

So, we made a turkey while our exchange student was here and didn't think much of it as I set the bone out to dry once I boiled the carcass down to make turkey soup. Here is a link to that information as I have always made my own turkey and chicken soup stock.  

Princess number six asked one day what the bone was. My girls told her how we play a game with it and make a wish etc. So, Princess number five HAPPILY told her she would play with her. 

What Princess number six didn't know was that there is an "angle" to the game. If your fingers are placed higher on the bone base than your opponent, then you will always win. Also, if you have your hand placed higher in the air than your opponent, you will also win. 

Just look at the face Princess number five is making. :-) She totally knows she will win and if you notice in the picture, her hand is higher in the air. Of course, she won the pull and I do hope she gets her wish. I have no idea what she wished for but even with the added help, I know she deserves a good wish! 

Another first for Princess number six exchange student. We worked very hard to keep her having something new to try daily. That was hard having the play going on with practices, helping with set and performances but it was a well worth pursuit giving her the most of her time with us. 

What would you have wished for? I hope you get it as you deserve it I am sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment