Monday, September 13, 2010

Customer Appreciation - Turn Around

Our orthodontist has a customer appreciation day every year. He rents out a pool and lets family and friends of patients come. They have tickets when you come in and they put patients in one bucket and family and friends in another. They have a meal, this year it was YUMMY pizza. They have gifts for each person. They have games with prizes and then they have a drawing. They have so many prizes that most people go home with something.


I have to say, our family has been blessed during the prize drawings. Each child goes home with a nice prize most years. They had snow cones, cotton candy, and tickets for free skating at another local place. They also gave away left over pizzas, bread sticks and watermelon.


We went home with a full pizza, bread stick, $10 Wal-Mart card, 2 free movie passes, $10 pizza certificate and a fun noodle for the pool!


What a great blessing and fun day!


I thought about how I could pay back for all the kindness the Dr. and his staff show in giving a gratitude/appreciation party each year. I decided to be the photographer this year. I could see they were busy so I took my camera and went around taking pictures of patients, staff and families. When the kids saw I was doing action shots off the diving board, we had lines waiting; they would nod when ready so I could catch them mid air!


I went in the next Monday with the pictures and a big "Thank You" for the staff. They really appreciated it and thought it would be nice to get the pictures printed and give them to the patients and put some up on a poster.


I tried to think when I have thrown a party or a family dinner, what help did I need? I usually have to ask someone to take pictures for me so that is what I thought I could do.


Come to find out, it was a good idea. What a blessing to be able to give back to those who are so thoughtful to us and we were able to have fun at the same time. I was blessed to win a wonderful camera a few years ago from Panasonic so the pictures were better quality than the one camera the staff had.


Four of my five girls have had this Orthodontist. It is almost like they are part of the family! Thanks to them for providing such a fun day and beautiful smiles on my girls! Haven't they done a great job?! (I'm not biased!)

1 comment:

  1. look at all those beautiful girls (and yes their smiles look great too:)

    ReplyDelete