Friday, August 26, 2022

My First Apple Pie in a LONG Time

Since I have been gluten free for about 8 years now, I haven't eaten many pies, and I have never been a big apple pie person.

We have had a storm almost every day for a month. I have one apple tree that has lots of fruit on it as most of the other trees none. I noticed that the storm had knocked off lots of the fruit onto the ground. I hated to see those apples being wasted. 

I picked up all the apples that hadn't been bruised and wondered what to do with slightly green apples. I had a gluten free pie crust in the cupboard, so I decided I would make an apple pie for myself. 

I made it and used some oatmeal / sugar / and a little of the crust mixed to put on the top of the pie. I was on the phone with my friend Matt while I peeled and cut up the apples, and we joked about me celebrating my birthday for a month and so I found this little "Happy Birthday" sign in with my birthday candles, and I took a photo and sent it to him. 

I the started eating it and the crust was my favorite part as I a said, I am not a huge apple pie person, but it was really good with a nice crust, so I just kept eating it and ate 1/4 or more of the pie! I haven't eaten any for a few days now so I probably should have frozen it, but even if I throw the rest out, it was fun to have a pie. 

I froze the second crust and filling for Thanksgiving. It will be easy to put together and saving some time, and then my kids can help me eat it. 

Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment