Tuesday, August 30, 2022

I Wanted To Post About My Service Birthday

I knew months before my birthday that there was going to be a Service Project Bed Build for the area. I thought what a wonderful opportunity to be able to build beds for children for my birthday! 

I have been involved with this group for less than a year, but we have already done three build days, and given away many beds. We make around 12 to 20 beds depending on the day and products we have available.

This build was set up by a neighbor of mine. It was very well organized and they scheduled their employees ahead of time in a few hour blocks. Almost all had registered online a head of time so I didn't have much to do. 

It was really funny as one of the women who invited me to work for this organization said, "These people are so efficient, we finished so quickly." I told her, "They were engineers, so of course they finished quickly. Our last build was at a bar! Many had a drink before they started the build." She replied, "Yes, and they were much more fun to talk with!" 

I love that there are people to volunteer their time, service, and money no matter where they signed up for the opportunity to serve. We are blessed to live in a community of good people! 

Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment