Wednesday, July 24, 2019

Quick Fix After Lots Of Heat on Commercial Cool Portable Air Conditioning Unit

 I spent most of a month at my dads helping him try and heal from his surgery that happened two months ago. While there, the house was HOT! 

My dad was fighting an infection and was cold all the time wearing lots of sweaters and blankets all the while I was literally dripping sweat on him. 

They purchased this Commercial Cool portable air conditioner for their bedroom a few years back and as my father healed, his temperature got back to normal and he started to feel the heat. He asked me to turn on the air conditioning unit and I had never used it before so I plugged it in and it would make a little "beep" and the blue light display unit would flash blue and then go dark. We tried all sorts of things popping the plug fuse on the wall and the unit wondering if we had blown a fuse or circuit. 



I texted my brothers to see what they thought or see if they had any ideas. They had me plug in an extinction cord to anther line of outlets to make sure it was the unit and not the outlet as my brother had just installed a grounded outlet in that room a few days prior. 

I was frustrated as you know when you are hot and things aren't going well, it can get a bit crazy. I started watching youtube videos on portable air conditioner units and decided to start pulling things apart as after several videos, I figured I could at least see if we had blow a fuse in the unit or fried the electronics or something. 

We kept pushing the power button on the front like you can see in the picture. It wouldn't even turn on. The only thing we could make happen was the blue light and beep when we would plug it in. 

I pulled out what was the remote from the front of the machine as I didn't realize it was a remote. When I got the remote out, I noticed that there was actually a power button UNDER the remote at the top center of the unit. The machine came on just fine and blew all sorts of crap right in my face as I was sitting in front of the machine trying to see what was broken. 

I cleaned all the vents, ran the unit, and it was working perfectly. I aimed the remote at the unit and it turned on and off just fine without me changing the batteries so I figured I would make a video of the situation in case anyone else had issues with the remote not turning the unit on.

It is such a silly thing to have the power button behind the remote. It was not a very thoughtful design. Anyway, we enjoyed having the cool air in the afternoon and they were grateful that I could figure it out without having a service call to the house. 

Have a cool and Blessed Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment