Wednesday, July 31, 2019

Mostly Finished Sorting - Now On To Scanning

I once again have had a crazy day that took on an element that I hadn't planned. I have been helping my father sort his history and organize his files. He, like many of his age, hoarded papers. He had many boxes of items and each box had the same things in it.

He has been trying to sort the boxes but it is taking him a lot of time to try and get through it all. He likes to write everything down and makes notes throughout the day and he has LOTS of little index cards, tons of sticky notes, and many folded pieces of papers with notes on them.
I don't know that he will ever be able to get through all of that, but I am proud of him that he has gotten through probably 10 boxes. I sorted the things I was going through down to about ten boxes when I took them home a few weeks back. 

The past few days, I have been able to sort the ones I took down to three boxes! It feels super good to be able to organize all the stuff into plastic containers so that if the office floods again ever, the most important stuff will be safe. 

I was able to get all his pictures and important stuff into the portable file box. I was then able to get all the files down into the storage tote. This is things like his school files, church documents, resumes, jobs writings, newspaper articles etc. I also have a box full of photograph albums to take an scan as well. I now need to spend a few days near a scanner to scan all the files and pictures in the albums and in the smaller file folders.
It is crazy how much time I have spent over the years sorting papers for both of my parents. I hope that I am getting near to the end of the sorting and will be VERY happy once I can get the scanning done. 

Have a blessed and organized Day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment