Friday, June 7, 2019

Cork Globe To Mark Where The Missionaries Served or Mark Travel

A few years ago I posted about my friend who has a map on her wall with pictures of her visiting different places next to the place visited. Here is a link to that post. 

I talked to my Step-Mother and asked if she would want a map to put pins in and she did. My brother had some framed but I guess in the translation, it never got to her house.


A few months back, I saw a cork globe in a catalog and saw that it had cute little arrow pushpins you could purchase to put into the countries around the world. I sent a link of the globe to my Step-Mother asking if it was something she would like. 

She sent back a text saying "I love it!" So, I purchased the larger of the two offered globes. They have a ten inch and a 14 inch globe and I got the larger one as they have lots of pins to stick in. 

They have had so many of their children and grandchildren go on missions and they have paid for $100 a month for each of their grandchildren's missions. The girls go for 18 months and the boys go for 2 years. They could have bought a big beautiful home or traveled the world themselves but instead choose to support them as missionaries.

My father and his wife also served a mission together and my father served as a missionary to Australia. 

I went up a few weeks back and my girls helped write the name of the missionary on the arrow push pin and the country or state on the top of the arrow. There were some places where multiple missionaries went so they wrote names on each side of the pin in that case. 

As you can see by the pictures, there have been many missionaries and they are still sending them out. There are several out currently including Princess Five and I have a nephew leaving soon for Thailand. 

I think this globe is adorable and if I had unlimited funds, I would buy one and fill it with pins of places I have visited. God has other plans for my life currently but I can't complain as I am truly blessed in the ways that matter.

Have a Blessed and well traveled day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment