Friday, June 14, 2019

Cub Scout Day Camp - Lots of Fun For Everyone

I spent a long day enjoying Cub Scout Day Camp For Bears today. 


They had it so organized and did the cubs, webelos, and wolfs on other days to keep it more doable. 

They had six groups and six stations. Each year they do different activities to keep it fresh for the groups who went the year before. 

Last year they had bebe guns, ambulances, and a hawk. Several of the boys remembered the activities and commented on them. 


This year they had forensics, fire safety, fire department and wild fire fighters, drug dog k-9 unit, soil conservation and soil types, and archery. 


The boys each got a backpack the color of their group. Our pack of Bears was combined with another small pack and still our seven between the two of us was the smallest group. 

They had flags to match the color of the backpack and group and the flag moved with the group. There was enough time for each class but not so much that it was boring but we never felt rushed and were able to let each boy try on the fire suits, pet the dog, take their finger prints etc. 

We had a nice picnic lunch and enjoyed a not so hot day as clouds kept us cool. I was worried it would be really hot and it was good until we were about to finish and then it go hot about 2 p.m. I was glad to be headed home at that point due to the heat. 

They had a package of Gummy Bears for each scout at the end and the boys all were glad they attended. 

Because our group was so small, the boys got more time at the archery range as that was our last group. I even took a few tries and got a few "bullseye" hits. I would hate for my survival to be dependent on my archery skills but I can see it is something that takes practice to master. 

I like shooting better because I can aim through the slits or scope, with the bow, I kind of had to come up with my own way to aim. I am sure if there were lessons, I would pick it up better but it was interesting anyway. 

I appreciated those that took the time to share their knowledge and talents with us and those that planned such a great event. Having no sons, I have never attended a day camp before. It was an interesting event. 

Have a knowledgeable and blessed day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment