Wednesday, September 19, 2018

It Is Time For a Gratitude 111 Moment Share

I used to share these 111 moments all the time and I feel like I have been so busy and crazy that I have them but have so much other big stuff to share that I haven't been sharing as much gratitude as I used to share. I had such a moment today I would like to share. 

I think I have shared that my bills have been rolling in since Princess Five got her assignment to serve as a missionary. It seems like as soon as they make that commitment, that the bills get crazy. It is like Heaven is blessing us and Hell is cursing us trying to keep them from going out as a missionary to serve and we are stuck in this rollercoaster of ups and downs as we get ready to send her off. 

Each of my girls has gotten kind of grumpy before leaving, picking fights and I would point out there were being snippy or grumpy and it took me a few of these little "pecks" to realized that they were distancing themselves from me and by starting a squabble, they could leave more easily as it is easier to walk away from someone you are upset with than leaving and being homesick to someone you rely on and will miss. 

With the financial stresses and Princess Five getting a temporary job this week, we have been feeling grateful that she was able to get a job for the next five weeks and also give her something to keep her busy. However, I am still stressed with finances and my goal these past few weeks is to not spend more than $10 at any store. For the most part, I have been able to do that.

With my parasite, I crave protein. With my other health issues, I am limited as to what I can eat as I react more and more if I accidentally ingest gluten in any form. I can't eat most red meat or much fat with my gallbladder out and fatty liver. I can't digest beans or broccoli family foods so lately, I mostly eat salads but need protein and it is difficult to get much protein with such a limited fat diet. 

I went to the store today to pick up bananas, some pomegranate juice and some chicken. I figured I could make it out of the store for under $10 as I have been quite good. 

They had 20 lbs boxes of chicken breasts on sale for $29.80 and I am craving protein so much that I thought if I bought it, it could help get us through to when she leaves and keep me from needing to go to the store as often. I asked some questions as I noticed it has "chicken broth and flavorings" and so I asked the butcher if it had gluten in it. He didn't think it did and it looked like the type I buy bulk usually so the box had been opened and was the last of the sale. I asked if they had any in the back and he said they didn't but told me if I wanted  the box, he would give me $2 off the sales price as it was the last one. 

I also noticed that the box had 111 on it so I thanked him for giving me the discount and took it as a sign that God is aware of the financial struggles and stress I am under as I have other situations going on today. I was SO grateful for the butcher giving the discount and knowing that I would have some protein I can eat for the next month and that Princess and I could make some great meals before she leaves as I have been teaching her how to make some of our favorite meals as I shared on a post recently. 

Today, she even started dinner without me as I had a meeting around that time and she did a wonderful job. When I got to the check out and purchased my three items feeling a bit stressed that I went over my $10 goal but grateful that I had gotten chicken breast for less that $1.50 a pound, as the next priced chicken up was $2.99 a lb. I went to pay my total and noticed that my tax on the purchase was...… You bet it was $1.11~ I KNEW God was letting me know things are "OK" and the stressful things that went on for the day would all be "OK" and that I didn't need to worry about it. Yes, I still have to deal with all of them and they aren't all easy things and yes, the parasite are horrible right now and my lungs are feeling worse than ever but I am BLESSED with so many things..... 

We watched an episode of" 72 deadly animals in Asia" while eating dinner, and they showed India and gave some staggering statistics and we both commented on how blessed we are. Another friend shared some very distressing news about her husbands leg being removed today. It made my heart so sad. One of my best friends is starting Chemo this week.... There are so many BIG things in life that alter our being, that being tight on money and having negative people in your realm are small in comparison. 

I am so blessed and so grateful for the little reminders that God is over all and He has each of my friends in His arms and is aware of all their needs much more than we are. 

I hope you all have a Blessed 111 Day~ 

4 comments:

  1. God bless you and your family and friends. I think of you probably every day and pray for you often...you are such a comfort and inspiration to me...and I know to many. You've probably done this, but leaving drops of eucalyptus or peppermint in my mouth and breathing eucalyptus at night seem to be help my lungs. Lifting you up to the Father.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Maria, You just bring the biggest smiles to my face with your sweet and uplifting comments. I just appreciate you so much. You have no idea how your words give me courage to continue posting what I am doing and trying with all the "haters" on the internet. I pray we can both be relieved of this soon! God Bless!

      Delete
  2. PS. The protocol on morgellans science fb group seems to be helping.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Maria, Thank you for sharing this. I am struggling right now trying other things and need to keep the treatment and protocols separate. I have two new herb treatments I am ordering online and want to make sure how I respond to those. By you sharing this, others may be able to get some relief until we can find a cure. Thank you for all your support with this nightmare. God Bless us all!

      Delete