Monday, September 17, 2018

Princess Five Cutting My Hair - After I Cut It Myself


 I have been coloring and cutting my own hair for the past many years. I have a wonderful hair dresser that is in a major city about a six hour drive round trip. 

I LOVE my hairdresser and LOVE his cuts and color but towards the end, he told me we couldn't pretend anymore. I was getting so grey with the stress of my divorce and raising five kids that he told me we needed to color the entire head rather than highlight areas. 

It was expensive to have him cut and color my hair as well as two tanks of gas so I finally made some hair choices. My hair grows SO fast and thick that I have to cut it every few months and I was having so much grey hair after two weeks that I had to color it between two and three weeks as it was embarrassing having so much grey showing. 

For awhile, I was using two boxes of dye but the small town thing makes it hard if they are out of your color and so I had a friend show me how to lighten it so that when the grey comes in, it doesn't show as much. I can now go for a month to five weeks without coloring my hair but it is much lighter than I would like but that is the payoff of not having to color it so often. 

A few years after that, I got so fed up with the length, I just started cutting it myself. I usually do this after coloring when I have some time. Well, I got really fed up and started cutting it when I was tired and it was late. It wasn't my best choice as I knew I didn't have the time or energy to deal with it so I chopped it off by about four inches and pulled it up in a pony. 

I was going to have Princess Five check it for me as I knew I was tired but she left earlier than I did this morning and I had to lead the music for church so I made sure the hair was pulled towards the front and not in the back as I hadn't checked the back myself or had her check it. She actually didn't even know I cut it until I got home from church and walked in the house. 

I had her check it knowing it would need some touch up but we both had a good laugh when she took the top picture. It wouldn't have been so bad I the long section was in the center but since it wasn't, it looked funny. No one said anything about it except a hairdresser that I asked about it and she said it was a bit long on the side and needed a small fix but  said she didn't notice until I asked. 

Princess Five was super nervous when I asked her to straighten it up as she had never cut hair before at all but I told her it wasn't like if she messed it up it wouldn't grow back in a month or so anyway so she took courage and started cutting. She did little bits at a time afraid she would make a mistake but I really don't care if she did because it grows so quickly and I can just pull it up if I had to anyway. 

I think she did a good job for her first time. I don't know that anyone would be able to tell it wasn't done by a hairdresser! She has been getting to do and try LOTS of new things this last week. I may post about it tomorrow. It has been an interesting week. 

Have a Blessed day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment