Wednesday, September 12, 2018

Fast Way To Cure Athletes Foot - Clean Up Foot Rashes

Princess Five has some athletes foot in a few spots on her feet. I didn't know about this as it hasn't bothered her so she hasn't said anything. 

When I give them pedicures, I don't look at the bottom of their feet, I work from the top and she has no sign of it on the top of her feet. I was rubbing her feet with some lotion the other night and noticed the peeling and rashes on her feet. 


I told her I wanted to treat it but she hates things like this since she had her car roll over, she has nightmares of me having to put comfrey poultices on her shoulder every night for months when the Dr's couldn't do surgery so she really hates when I want to do anything at night as it reminds her of that time. Click here for a post about that

The poultices worked well and she ended up not needing surgery but it took her a long time to heal as they couldn't do surgery for months anyway so we were glad to learn about the comfrey and come up with an easy way to use it even thought it was in a difficult place on the body to wrap, in the end it was a blessing. 

She let me put it on the first night. I put a drop of concentrated lugols iodine solution on her toe and spread athletes foot cream on the rest of the foot along with a drop of iodine mixed in and then wrapped the foot with saran plastic wrap. 

I put socks over the wrap to keep it on and keep the iodine off the bed sheets etc. She didn't like the feeling of the plastic on her feet so the next night she wouldn't let me do it. The following night, she let me put it on and then told me she wanted me to do it every other night. In the morning however, she told me that she could feel a difference in her feet and wanted me to start putting the iodine and ointment on every night. 

I asked if I should make a video about it and she thought I should. She felt that it was working fast and that I should share with others how we were fixing her rash / fungus problem on her feet. 

I made a video and thought maybe I should wait to post it until I could do a follow up video and show both. If you know me, I don't know how to edit videos yet or combine them as I am so busy that I haven't had the time to learn a new software. I purchased software a year ago and have never uploaded it as I have so many other things on the list. So, not knowing that information, I figured I had just better post the video and how we are doing it and hopefully next month before she leaves on her mission, I can do an updated post about it. 

I figured since the iodine and antifungal creams worked on my parasite rashes, it would probably work on the fungus on her feet and it has been. She said it has never really bothered her but I told her in the humid climate, it will only be worse so we should probably get it taken care of while we can so it won't bother her later hopefully. 

Have a Blessed and Rash Free Day!


No comments:

Post a Comment