Friday, September 21, 2018

The Art Museum Home - I Could Stay for Hours

I visited a home recently that had the COOLEST art pieces I have ever seen in a home environment. 
I LOVE art now. I don't always get some types of weird or disgusting art but I
I think I have shared in the past that I didn't care for art much many years ago. It wasn't until my divorce that I started to incorporate color into my home and life. 

I just love all mediums and colors, sculptures and paintings alike. I also have always appreciated blown glass. I seriously am mesmerized by some pieces of blown glass and it is a wonder to me how they can make it so beautiful and delicate using tools and breath. 



I have my own little collection of blown glass but don't have it displayed well and it is a little frustrating in the fact that I enjoy art so much but don't have the type of house that I can display much. So many things are "art" to me that I wish I could have a different room for each type of art. 

I have found some really cool wood, carved, painted, pottery, native American sand art and many fun other things that would be great in a cabin. I have some original floral paintings I love but mostly florals go with Victorian styles. 

I have all my mothers instruments from all over the world and many are painted with artwork and several are hanging on my living room wall. I have all the glass pieces which I would LOVE to displace in lighted shelving like an open wall where you can see it from all aspects with the light showing through it. 

I have some sculpted marble and some hand carved statues which I love. I LOVE art! I wish I had a home that was more conducive to showing it off but I do love that I have a big wall in my front room where I can hang copies of my favorite artwork of Christ. I love coming to the house at night and having the spotlights on and seeing those beautiful works of art on the dark wall. It is beautiful. 

Imagine my joy going to this home and being able to see all these one of a kind pieces of art! They had the most fun home! 

They had collections in every room from different artists around the world that they have collected in their travels. They have a painting by a man who was the only artist to have a show at the Southersby auction if I remember correctly. 

They had some really cool intricate pieces and they have them displayed so well. I love the coloring of this glass swirled piece they have on the wall but they designed the glass feature light to the left and above and it goes through the length of the house and they had someone make all the glass coverings for it after they designed it. 

It is amazing to me how many talented people there are in the world. I would love to take art classes but keep thinking I don't know when I would have the time but "someday" isn't cutting it! I just need to set a date and sign up! Oh that would be fun! I just need to heed the advice of the sign she had hanging in her kitchen! It is so true. This is probably why their home is how it is! 

I am so grateful I got to enjoy the beauty of what I saw. I would love to have seen the rest of the house but I will take what I was blessed to see! Totally Beautiful Art! 

Have a Blessed and Artistic Day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment