Friday, November 21, 2014

Light Swapping - New Bathroom Lights for Cheap

With the holiday coming, I have to get ahead on posts for a few days as I have family coming to town. I have a few posts that are short that I can do in a few minutes but still are good information. 

If I ever sell my home, I don't think it will be a hard sell. Everything that I have done to the house has been posted on here at some point. All the rooms being decorated, any flooding, all upgrades and all the yard work or sprinkler fixes are on here in some form. 

So, I found two lights that will match the lights I have been upgrading around my home. They were $5 each and match the other lights and are defiantly an upgrade when you see the old style I had in the large bathroom downstairs so the new one's match all the others I have upgraded and I was thrilled to find them as most of the time at second hand stores, you find one here and one there so I was glad to find a matching pair.

I at first bought them for use in the downstairs hallway but they are a lot longer than I thought so I am still searching for a pair for the hall that match. I actually like these better in the bathroom and have enjoyed them since I put them in.

I wouldn't hesitate to purchase my house again and I think I will post links on here to all the items I listed above so if I ever do decide to sell my house, I can just send them a link to this post.

Upgrades: New Water Heater,  
Home Energy Audit upgrades Part 1.  
Home Energy Audit Part 2 
New Furnace Stuff - The things we did worked as the Furnace was new during the energy audit on this.
New Toilet
Fixing Rain Gutters
Pipe Bibs - Outside faucets and dripping faucet inside
Pipe Bib #2 - Fixing a washer on outside faucets.
Pipe Bib #3 - Inside Cutting holes covering with air vent - Insulation.
Tub Faucet - Moen Cartridge lifetime parts on all house faucets.
Washer Flood - Quick Clean up
Basement floods - Shows repairing everything with new
Sprinkler Fix - main out
Sprinkler fix drains
Sprinkler fix valve
Sprinkler Timer fix
No Mice Problems
New Sidewalk
New Lights in upstairs hall
New light living room and entry
Garage door gear replacement
Washing the Garage Door
Polishing the Garage Door
New tile in the master bath
New Tile in Downstairs Shower
Pruning the big tree
Pruning the big tree 2
Pruning the fruit trees

I am a bit surprised that I don't have more posts about fixing the main water line to my house, or fixing the pressure to the sprinklers by the house and putting in a drip system, or adding new sprinkler heads in the front and back. I guess I figure no one wants to read about those. Also, I did get a new garage door opener just a few months before starting to blog and have replaced springs on the doors several times in the past few years. 

I don't have anything about replacing all the carpet in the basement and the ten pound memory foam carpet pad I paid extra to put down there. I don't have a post about putting in the new kitchen flooring or re-plumbing the dish washer to not be under the floor boards. Nothing about the new disposal I put in or fixing the pipe bib in the back and finding out why it kept freezing and fixing that.

No mention of the new roof I had put on after I started blogged so I am realizing, I don't always post much about what is going on that way in my life. New locks on the front door with a lifetime guarantee. Somehow I think I am missing something but at least this will give a buyer an idea of how I do keep up on things. 

I know insurance companies charge single women extra to insure thinking they don't maintain their homes well but I have to say, I do keep up on things that way. Now if they went on the amount of crap I have stored and how disorganized some of my  less used rooms are... I think they may have an argument. ;-) 

No comments:

Post a Comment