Thursday, December 5, 2013

A Little Bit Too Enlightened


I was at a second hand store the other day and there were two lights that were similar to the ones that I put in my living room and in my front entry way. 


I posted here about putting in the new light in my foyer and living room. 

I was happy that the lights were only $4 each. I bought them as they had 2 bulbs in each light instead of the one light in the other lights. 

Sometimes, the hall was quite dark as the bulbs are sometimes slow to brighten. 

I took pictures before and after so you can see how much brighter the new lights make the hallway. 

The hall is just around the corner from the foyer so I was very happy to get lights that matched the lights in the front room and the foyer for the hall pictured here.

I was able to get them changed over in about 1/2 hour and both girls commented on how much better they like the new lights. 

One of the lights had a rip in the foil above the bulbs so I just took some dryer foil duct tape and put it on the fiberglass to fix the aluminum reflective barrier.It worked quite well and I got them in and when I turned them on, I started laughing. 


Those old lights have been in the hall since we bought the house. I had never thought about replacing them before. I was shocked at how the light showed up all the little cobwebs and fingerprints on the wall and ceiling. 


Looking down, I was horrified at how dirty the trail in my carpet was as there is always a trail in the hallways.

Would I put the old lights back in so that the trail isn't as visible in the hallway? No way! I figure I can use as much enlightenment in my life as possible. I am THRILLED to have the new lights that match the other lights in the house and I am grateful for these lights showing up at a reasonable price at a store near my home.


I took this picture to show the difference between the one bulb and the two bulb lights in the hall. You can see how much brighter the two bulb light is. 

I guess I will just have to get myself cleaning the hallway carpets!

No comments:

Post a Comment