Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Desk for Sale, Dent in Wall - Quick Fix

Yesterday, I purchased a new shelf type thing for me sewing room. I had this desk in there that I bought and refinished about 15 years ago and I never just sit in that room. I usually take what I need and do the project watching a show or if it is painting, I do it on my table upstairs with a plastic cover over it. 

The desk is VERY deep and the sewing room is very small, thus it is the sewing / craft room as it is at the back of the house in the basement and I wouldn't want to sleep in there and it had lots of shelves when we bought it and we left them. The previous owner also used it as a craft room so it really has never been a bedroom as the previous owners finished the basement.


So, with that, my brother-in-law and nephew helped me get the shelf down stairs which was no small feat as it was HEAVY. 

They then helped me carry the desk upstairs so I could sell it as I have a desk I use for my computer that has a place for the printer etc. I really would like the wooden one better as mine is a faux wood but the oak one is so deep that in my smaller rooms, it just takes so much space. 

I had them put it in my living room but thought better of that after they left. Princess five and I were moving it into the other room so people could come and look at it when I pulled it right into my wall causing a ding. 


I have shared how I put paint into small containers so I can quickly fix dings etc. Here is a post about that.

I went to the cupboard, pulled out the color for the living room walls and after shaking it a few times, I used my finger to dab a bit on the spot and it was done.Took all of 30 seconds to fix the chip. I did spent another 2 minutes or less fixing the little white dings on the corners as you can see there were a few on both sides of the wall. Just little white flecks.

I was conveniently wearing my paint jacket as you can see in the picture here. I was going to be working on a few projects but ended up moving the desk, painting the wall, working on the counter (tomorrows post) and putting away Halloween decoration and shuttling Princess Five and her friends a few places. 

Didn't get any pruning or organizing done today but I did pay off the dentist. Jump start my car twice and get a new battery, deliver Princess Five her Cheer jacket, get some groceries, take a drivers test for the School District online, fight a headache, feel nauseous, have a tooth ache,  find some cute Christmas presents for three princesses, wash, dry and fold two loads of laundry, almost finish putting away the Halloween decoration, make dinner, do dishes, balance my checkbook, text three siblings, write emails about my mothers health to my family, call two siblings and speak to a few of my wonderful Princesses with a few extra things I am sure I am forgetting in there as well!  

Isn't that about how some days go! Nothing off my "to do" list at all but sometimes, things just creep up and take over the day.

I love that I came up with this little paint storage idea as it really has helped me keep the house more "up to date" and in order. When I would pull out the larger cans, there was always rust on the rim that would fall into the can or the paint had dried out. These plastic containers have kept the paint moist for years. I painted this room about seven years ago or so and the paint was still great. The container does need to have a VERY tight seal so it won't dry out.
 
I should have waited a few minutes to take the finished pictures as the paint wasn't quite dry but you can see it already looks better by just swiping some on. 

Also, if you know anyone that may want a BEAUTIFUL desk, PLEASE send them my way as I would love to have it go to a good home. It is in great shape as I refinished it and we never used it. I had a black blotter over the "Writing" area but it really has never been used as a desk. I used it to store yarn for crafts. Here is a link about that.

Here are the details of the desk in case you may know someone interested and they can contact me: This is a Mission Style Mid-Century Law, school or library desk. Fully Refinished to original condition. MINT! It has a file drawer that looks like two drawers from the outside, four other deep drawer and two pull out solid wood work stations at the top on both sides. It is where a typewriter would have gone and could hold a computer. It is completely refinished and includes an oak chair. The chair wasn't refinished and does have a small repair on one side but was like that when I purchased it. 
 
The center drawer has compartments in the front. The makers stamp is at the bottom center. It has brass footings on all of the 6 feet that support the desk. There is a lock on the center drawer but I never had a key. It will lock and there is a release on the inside back of the desk. It is a good sized wood desk. Won't fall apart! Please text or call with questions. It would make a great Christmas present for the business person in your world! $225.00. Price the cheap new ones and this is a steal for a solid desk and chair in great condition!

Hope to get a few more things off my "to do" list this week but it hasn't been going that way so far..... I can always hope. A quote from my dear friend Michelle; "Never have a dream, never have a dream come true!"

No comments:

Post a Comment