Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Gift For Princess Two From God With a Little Help from a Friend


A few weeks ago, I ran into a woman that I met when I hosted a Christmas Boutique for many years. She was quite amazing as she would come up with a new way to make money every year. She started making her own line of personal care products and we worked together for many years. She was always one of my top sellers.

I didn't have any contact with her in the past 13 years or so since I gave up doing my boutique. 

I ran into her the other day at a store and talked to her. She didn't remember my name but I did remember hers. I used to book crafters and have a general checkout so I would have to write them checks. I asked how she was doing and she said she had moved back to the area and was building a home. 


At the time, I was purchasing a clock that looked oriental and mentioned that I was looking for Christmas gifts for my daughter and she served a mission to Taiwan and wanted to decorate with a Chinese motif. 

I gave her my sisters number as she was looking for someone to paint an item for her and I thought my sister may be able to help her. 

I get a phone call from someone I didn't know last week while I was out of town visiting Princess Four. I get back into town and am filling up my car with gas when I get a second call from that number. I hadn't had time to even try to call the number back.

I answer the call and this woman said she bought me something and asked if I could meet her in a parking lot in town. 

I thought it was VERY weird since she hadn't even remembered my name and I hadn't talked to her in over ten years. 

She said she was at a yard sale and saw this chest and "felt" that she needed to purchase it for me to give to my daughter. 

I didn't read much into it but showed up at the parking lot and when she said it was a jewelry box, I was thinking a little box but when she pulled it off the back seat, It was LARGE. 

She said they were asking $20 for it but she talked them down to $15. I wouldn't have purchased the chest but I was in such a weird situation so I offered to pay her for the chest. She told me it was a gift because she "felt" that God wanted her to purchase it for me. 


I opened one of the little drawers while we were talking and the only thing in any of the drawers were a few of the handles that had been removed and a PENNY! 

I got to share with her how pennies and coins are reminders to me to "Trust in God" and that I wasn't sure my daughter would use the chest but that I was taking it that God was once again reminding me to trust in Him! 

It was so weird that this woman would spent $15 on someone she hadn't seen in years and actually, it wasn't even for me but for one of my girls. I appreciated that she would follow that feeling and will always look at the chest with a spirit of gratitude and a reminder that He can use anyone at anytime and anywhere to give me those reminders! 

I am not sure Princess Two will use the box but I figured I would paint it black to match the oriental looking clock that I bought. I painted both the other day when I painted the chair and table for my living room. I think it actually came out looking quite nice and does look Asian so Princess Two may actually use it.

No comments:

Post a Comment