Monday, October 27, 2014

Potions and Poison Halloween Collection - Part Four

I found some great knobs on sale at a second hand store for $.50 so I bought them to dress up some of the corks on our potion bottles.
 
I cut the corks down if needed as I didn't want to have the cork showing at the top of the bottles. 


You can see here that the cork is a bit big so by cutting the top off using a knife, I was able to make it fit into the jar but large enough to go into the jar. 
 
Once it is cut to size, take the screw and put it through the bottom of the cork and if you push as you turn it, you will be able to get it worked through the cork and screw it into the knobs. 
 
There are many different types of knobs you can use, even the plain ones can be painted and decorated. 

I used a screwdriver to screw it into the cork. 

Then screw the knob on and it will look something like this. 


I also wanted to show you how I made the spider web and spiders bottle as I thought it looked cute. 

Get some of the fake spider web and use the shish-kabob skewer to push it down into the bottle but keep one corner out of the bottle to hook into the cork edge so that the spiders web will stay at the top and not just sit at the bottom. 


Push some spiders down into the web once it is into the jar. 

You can add flies, worms, snakes, ants or roaches if you want but I really liked the black widow spiders. 
 
Some were rings. I used the wire snips to cut off the ring portion and shoved them down into the jar. 

When we were putting jewelry on the jars, Princess took some in and was putting them on different jars and I was glad she was excited about making them cute.
 
I found these little little crystals that I thought would be great for some of the outside charms as well.


Princess and her friend worked on a few jars and had to leave so I finished putting jewelry on them.

She wanted them gold so we used more gold jewelry and I put some jewelry on top of the corks as well. 

I also wanted to show you how the sponge mushrooms looked inside a jar. They kind of looked like brains. 

I also wanted to show you the light bulb jars I found. The bigger one has two bags of candy corn in them and still is about half full so it is quite large.

I also wanted to show you this cute jar my friend bought that has silver wound around the top of the jar, a crystal topper and a cute label saying "Witch Hazel" etc on it. It didn't have anything in it but was swished with some paint inside. I thought it was similar to what we did but I'm excited about the different sized jars. Now, I just need to make some cute labels.

No comments:

Post a Comment