Thursday, October 9, 2014

Movie Rental From the Basement


I have several apple trees that are coming on and I spend several hours a day dehydrating them. Or, more accuratly, peeling and coring them and putting them onto dehydrator. I have three going at the moment running 24/7. 

With that, I am going to do a quick post as I am keeping very busy with the harvest. 

A month or two ago, I went through the videos and VHS's in my basement and pulled out things I didn't think anyone would want. I sent some to a store to be exchanged where they give you credit for movies and you pick some you like with the credits. 

Others, I donated to second hand stores. Others, I took to Princess Fours college apartment. Still more, I sent into Amazon for credit. Others, I have in a box to try and sell online. 

While going through them, I organized them by category. I thought doing them by alphabet may be good but my problem is that I don't always remember the name of a show but usually remember the story line. 

With that, I organized them by "type" like video rental stores do. I did action comic hero types together, chick flicks, kids, police or agent types and futuristic types together. I have a few shelves of "pay it forward" type of movies as well with good messages. 


It is much easier to find movies now but I still have a few shelves with all the "other" type of movies. I wish I could digitize some of the kids favorite movies from when they were young that I doubt are on dvd. Most of the girls don't want VHS but all of them want a few of the classic movies from when they were young that they enjoyed watching. I'll have to look into how that can be done with the copyrights in place. Maybe some of them are actually on dvd and I just need to find them. Wouldn't that be a good Christmas present!

If you need to rent a video, perhaps you need to drop by my basement. I do have quit the selection now. It is wonderful that 99% are second hand or clearance from rental places. I even have a few from redbox. It is fun for the girls to be able to "check out" some and take them to college and then take new one's the next time they come home. 

I am missing a few though and don't know if we lent them out but no one seems to know where they ended up. I guess that is the way rentals go though. Sometimes, they don't get returned but we are grateful to be blessed with such a great selection.

No comments:

Post a Comment