Friday, September 6, 2013

Spirit Week - Blow Out

Since Princess Four is Student Body President, she got to make the banner for the first big week of school. They have an assembly on Monday morning where all the clubs perform and get kids excited about the year. 


During the week, they have dress up days each day. Princess thought about what would be fun and asked the other council members what they thought would be fun. 


Monday was 80's day. 



Tuesday was Harry Potter vs Twilight day


Wednesday was Disney Day

Thursday was Super Hero Day

Friday was SMURF day. 





I got pictures of the girls on all the days but Smurf day because they had a game and were dancing and I didn't get it as they had early morning practice that day. 

The dress Princess Four is wearing for 80's day is the first thing I ever sewed from a pattern and finished. I was living in New Zealand and it was quite expensive for the wool fabric to make it but my host mother helped me and it is still in great shape. The silk shirt I made to go with it is gone and almost everything else I knit or sewed back then is also gone so when the girls asked me for something to wear for 80's day, I had a hard time finding things. 
 
The only other thing I kept was the funky stirrup pants as I kept them for years as my painting pants. Yes, I admit I did wear them out with the bright pink matching shirt that came with them but after that short phase in fashion, I used them to paint. I was going to throw them out a few years ago as I can't fit in them anymore and the older three girls started fighting over who gets to keep them. 

I thought it was so funny that they would want them but that is why I still have them. 

The girls looked so cute in their other costumes. I took pictures each day. The Minnie Mouse dress was a dress I actually wore. I think I have a picture of me singing "Boogie Woogie Bugal Boy" for a cruise talent show in that dress. 

I love the "HULK" and laugh that she didn't notice her hands were on upside down until lunch or so. She said that someone in her class told her that "she had the most school spirit of anyone they had ever seen." That made her feel good. 

I love that my girls always go "Full OUT" for most things and enjoy participating in whatever is going on. Most teens feel foolish and wonder what others will think so I am glad they have the confidence to pull off wearing costumes etc. I think they look adorable but I think I am supposed to since I am their mom. 

Here are a few other dress up day post links if you are interested: crazy hair days  
Duct tape day with links to duct tape clothesRed ribbon week.

No comments:

Post a Comment