Monday, September 16, 2013

Homecoming - Time of our Life


Princess Four was asked to the Homecoming dance while she was gone to her conference this week. We arrived home one day to find a bag of "airheads" on the porch with a few pieces of ripped papers inside. 

It said, "You would blow my mind if you would go to Homecoming with me." the other papers gave his name. 

She arrived home later on Saturday and we went to Princess Five's last performance of the play. Sunday, she slept until about 3 p.m. 

No, I am not joking. You read it right. I was sick so I got a ride for the princesses to church. I didn't get up as I knew they could get themselves ready. Princess four was going to go with friends to a missionary talk from a friend and then they usually go to that person's home and visit for hours or hang with other friends so her not being home when I finally got up about noon (OK, I had really gotten up several times but went back to bed and got up for good at noon) wasn't a shock. 
 
Princess Five was home from church about then, we at lunch, visited and then I worked on finishing a gift afghan for a friend while Princess worked on an art assignment. We were both a bit shocked when Princess Four came out of her room. She didn't sound well. She had been fighting a cold all week at the camp but I guess after no sleep for four nights, it hit her hard today and she slept most of it off. I had her take some medicine right then and before bed hoping she will be ok for the homecoming week activities. 
 
She wants to answer her date tomorrow during school and so I purchased this game this week from a second hand store. It was $1.50. It had all the pieces and she is going to decorate his car by throwing all the money around in it and hiding the money with the answer under his seat. 

He lives in another town and didn't want to drive over to decorate his room as I just shared how our weekend went so this is the next best thing. Actually, since the cars are the moving parts in the game, it is a cuter idea to decorate his car. 

She wrote on the inside lid of the game rather than on the game board so they can actually use the game and play it if they want. 

I know she will have fun and am glad that she got the sleep she needed and pray that both of us get over it quickly. 

Today was the first day I didn't take a handful of medication trying to feel better. I felt like it several times but other than some Coke to drain my sinus, I did OK not taking anything. I still coughed and am stuffy but wasn't in so much pain I couldn't function but I am EXTREMELY tired. 

So, with that, I will go to bed again! 

No comments:

Post a Comment