Thursday, September 12, 2013

111 and In God We Trust - Gum and Lighters


I don't know if any one reads this or finds it interesting. I mostly write it as a journal of types for my girls but if you do read it, you have to know, that I do have the weirdest things happen when it comes to 111 and money. 

Princess four is taking college classes. Sometimes after school and dance practice, she has to go to the college and use the computers. The other day, she needed to go do that so I ran to the store and did an errand. 

I texted her as soon as I was finished with my errand and she wasn't quite finished but I didn't want to head home and then have to turn around so I thought I would go to Kmart and see if they had any good clearance items. I do gift bags for the drill team and sometimes they have great items in bulk for clearance that I can put in the bags. I've gotten mittens etc at the end of the season for the next years bags. 

I walked in and right at the front was a rack of clearance items. There were two cases of gum for $0.10 each and these lighter packs for $.50 and $.25 a package. I thought it could be a cute Christmas gift for family and neighbors with the treats I send out with a card saying something like, "May your holidays be merry and light" or something a bit more cleaver. 

Who can't use a lighter? I used them all the time to light my wood stove and cake candles and in the trailer and camping etc. They are a good emergency preparedness item as well. 

They also had the 80 count trident there and it said "$3.00 clearance normally $3.60. I thought I would get a few as I always keep a little container in the car for the family. 

When I got to the checkout, they rang up at $.90. I went and bought the entire lot of them. I can give them out with the lighters! I love that they say "WHITE" in big letters so I can put on a card something about having a "White" and "Light" Christmas! 

Well, it came time to pay and when I looked at the taxes, I just laughed. $1.11. I finished paying and looked down, and YES, you guessed it..... A penny was at my feet. I got Christmas gifts for cheap, drill team treats for cheap and got two little reminders that God loves me at the same time.

I got seventy something items for $25. 

I am blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment