Friday, August 23, 2013

Forever Funeral Flowers - She did it Again


I have shown you how amazing my sister is with paper flowers and fabric or lace flowers with the two wedding bouquets she made. 

Last night, we had a bit of an emergency and she came through and opened herself up to an entirely new line of product. 

Here is a link to the bouquet she made for my Princess One and here is a link to the bouquet she did for her daughters wedding.


As soon as we found out my aunt died, I talked to my cousin about her mom ordering flowers for the funeral from all the "siblings" of my aunt. The "cousins" were going to donate to the charity my aunt started almost 20 years ago that provides Christmas gifts to the womans prison each year. I went ahead and donated to the organization and told my cousin I would have my mom pay them for her part of the flowers but since my mothers accident a few years ago, she doesn't remember things well so I knew she wasn't able to order flowers. 

I guess there was a communication error but now, looking back, I am sure it was meant to be. My cousin called me last night, (the funeral was this morning) saying her mother didn't order the flowers and it was late enough that we couldn't order them so my poor aunt was feeling horrible as there weren't going to be many flowers due to the donating to her charity. 

I called my sister the amazing flower whiz and mentioned the problem and told her I had to leave earlier than expected to find some flowers for the funeral. She asked me if I thought she could make a wreath or something instead and work on it during the night for the morning. I told her I thought that would be great as it could be an heirloom for the family to keep. 

I texted my cousin and asked what her mothers favorite flowers were and her favorite colors of those flowers. She texted back saying that her mother "loved yellow, purple and white too - Think but for sure yellow. She loved mums, spider and regular. Also sunflowers." 

My amazingly talented youngest sister stayed up most of the night and made this beautiful wreath with a photo of my aunt in the middle. She had a stand to put it on and used paper, ribbons, lace and buttons to make a wreath in all her favorite colors and flowers. 

My uncle is planning on hanging it on the wall. She made a small card to hang from the wreath that my mom and her sister signed. 

I really think there could be a market for that as most of the real flowers end up dead at the cemetery and the plants often are more than someone can take care of especially for a man. This is a reminder of her favorite colors, flowers and I loved that she put a picture in the center. 

Once again, she amazed me with her talent. I love my family!

My older sister stayed up most of the night (or possibly all night, I didn't ask) making a video and slide show for the funeral. It was BEAUTIFUL and I may post about that later if I can figure out how to break it down. She put it to appropriate songs, my aunts favorite songs and her son's (he passed away) favorite song and it brought tears to my eyes and many other eyes. 

Lastly, many of us were able to sing at the funeral and we had one on the piano, two on violins and many singing a beautiful rendition of "Be Thou Humble" which happens to be one of my favorite hymns as well. I was grateful to be able to participate that way. Truly, I am blessed with an amazingly talented and loving family. I am so sad for those who are only children or have lost all their family. They add so much to my life.

Goodbye Aunt S. You are forever ours! 

No comments:

Post a Comment