Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Thailand Mission Report at Rotary



Princess Four gave a wonderful presentation today at the local Rotary club. They gave her about $400 to help her go on her service mission. It was so kind of them to donate to her cause. 

On the flip side, the Rotary club in Thailand sponsored the group there as well. She did a wonderful slide show and had it well organized from the beginning at fund raising, to the middle where she had to do 80 service hours to go to mission.


She showed them slides from the first days and then had some where she highlighted the service they were allowed to do as well as some of the teaching moments. 

In the end, she showed them some of the touring they did to the Buddhist temples and tourist sites. She told them her favorite thing of the trip and her second favorite parts of the trip and ended the entire thing with a big "Thank You" to the Rotary club. 

She brought them back some candy that was popular in Thailand to share. She also showed them the scarf that the Rotary club in Thailand gave all the students. She is wearing it in most of the pictures. 

She also wore her pieced pants and her Thailand t-shirt. In the bottom photo, she is showing the bag that the students made for each of them in Thailand. I didn't know about that before and enjoyed her presentation as well as she hadn't talked about all the opportunities she had while there with me as her summer was so full. 

When they were announcing her at the club, they were giving a little blurb about her and talking about her service and the other Rotary leadership conferences she had attended and about her being the student body president and I thought about how blessed I am to be able to have such amazing daughters who stand for good in the world when so many are choosing other paths. 

On Facebook today, people were talking about Miley Cyrus and her choices on the MVA show. There were so many comments that I actually went and watched her performance and think how sad it is that she has all the money and fame in the world and has chosen to spend her time doing that. She could make such a difference in her position. I hope she can overcome the pressures placed upon her to actually use her influence to make a difference in the world. 

Or should I say, a "different" difference than she is making now. I can't imagine that she is finding true joy in her life to need to get the shock factor she is from people with that performance. 

Perhaps being in a small town and in a small school is giving my girls a better foundation than I thought. I am so grateful for living where I do and for having good role models for the girls to follow. I am grateful that my older girls are making good choices for the younger girls to follow. 

How blessed are we to live in a country where both Miley and my girls can make choice freely? I intent to pray for the youth of the country and the world and hope that the world doesn't think that all the youth in America are that way. 

It seems that most teen stars can't take the pressures that go with being in the light of the press. I think they all need our prayers. 

God Bless America and it's youth!

No comments:

Post a Comment