Monday, August 12, 2013

Star Tipping - New One For Me


My girls were with their cousins one night and they were discussing "Star Tipping." 

I had never heard of it and so my niece took the girls to the grass, got a flashlight and they were off. 

First, you get some unsuspecting person, you tell them to pick out a star above their head and to focus on that star and then start spinning around. 

After they have spun for a minute or so, they stop and you or some cruel being shines the flashlight into their eyes at very close rang. 

This causes the dizzy person to fall backward and down onto the ground.


Not that being dizzy from staring straight up and spinning would be cause enough to make someone wobble and fall down but, I think if anyone at any time shoved a flashlight into my face, had it on, and shined it directly in my eyes, I would probably fall down backwards for fear of the light hitting me in the face or eye. 


The girls were giggling and laughing as they twirled and fell all over the yard. They thought it was "fun." 

I can think of lots of things I think are more fun, but when was the last time you spun yourself around and made yourself dizzy? Sad in many ways that we lose that need to just be free enough to do things like that. Little children spin themselves around all the time just for the fun of it. 

Maybe they had the right idea. As you can see in the pictures, they are having fun... Perhaps I need to find someone just crazy enough to stare up at the stars and spin with me.... I think I would leave out the flashlight part altogether.;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment