Friday, September 7, 2012

Happy Birthday To Me....

 I woke to a wonderful sight the other day. Princess four had written this cute Sticky note birthday message to me on the kitchen counter. It gave me such a smile. 

I had several other wonderful birthday surprises when at a family gathering, I had my entire family, (minus just a few) and an entire choir, sing "Happy Birthday to you" in two styles accapella in 6 part harmony as my family is very musical as well, it sounded beautiful. I have never had that many people sing to me so it was nice.


I also had two dear friends from my church take me to lunch as one of them also had a birthday that week. 

Princess number 3 got a gift card to a restaurant and gave it to me and I took Princess four and five to dinner and just as we got out of the car, yes, Heavenly Father gave me the most beautiful present.... 

The girls are standing next to the car and you can see the rainbow shining down on us! It was such clear colors and bright, I tried to get a clear photo of them and the color of the rainbow but couldn't get both in the same shot so I am including them both. 

With coupons, gift card and double punch month on the frequent eaters punch card, we ended up paying about $4 for all of us to eat, dessert (free for my birthday) and a specialty drink as well. We all ended up taking home left overs which we enjoyed the next day as well. 


I then had a my good friend Julie, whom I have mentioned many times in past posts, call and bring over a yummy home made cheesecake pie with fresh peaches. If you know me, you will know that cheesecake is my favorite dessert and that I don't really like most types of cake so she gave me the best dessert for me. 

Each holiday and birthday, the girls always ask what they can get me and I always reply the same. "Just give me a foot or back rub!" is my standard reply. So, I got three foot rubs by the girls and was in HEAVEN!

I then had somewhat of a disturbing call and got off the phone a bit upset by some news and was wishing at some point that I could speak with Princess number 2 who is still having health issues on her mission in Taiwan.  


I was getting ready for bed and then remembered that a week before, she sent me a card telling me not to open it before my birthday. 

I went in search of the card which happened to be on the door where I put it. I thought the outside of the card was cute and enjoyed the stamp as she hasn't sent many letters home as we usually email once a week. 

We haven't gotten many photos of her either as she can't email them much and she has only sent a few for birthdays so I laughed when we got this card. You may remember I sent her the shirt we made in this post, and I made her a card a day so she took this photo to show me her wearing her gifts. It was just what I needed to cheer me up and she sent a crisp $20 for me to use to go to dinner. (My girls know me so well, good food and foot rubs - Doesn't get better than that!) 


I had a wonderful birthday with lots of calls and well wishes reminding me of how many wonderful people I am blessed to have in my life. Thank you all for making it such a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment