Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Adjusting to the Adjustment - Glad she's home


 This post will probably be short as well as yesterday. We are still trying to figure out how things will work with everything now that Princess number two is home. 

We were shocked to get a call saying she was coming home as we had hoped the Dr. visit would show something. I guess they were looking for other things and they didn't do the tests needed to figure things out. 


I got a call saying she would be home in under 48 hours and I never got to speak directly with Princess number two so things were hazy until she arrived home.

We both felt it was a better thing to have her home where we could take medical matters into our own hands but she was so sad to have to leave so quickly from her mission where she finally felt she had a grasp on the language and was looking forward to moving to a new area. 

She is still very tired and trying to get used to the time change but what showed up and what I thought would show up are very different things. 

She only lost 7 lbs in almost a year and the fact that she has had stomach cramping for four months, and that the seven pounds was after the week she had five days of fever, headaches, nose bleeds, diarrhea, and sore throat, she probably lost 5 of those pounds those five days. 

When she pulled on a pair of her old capri's today, they fit her well. I was expecting emaciation but if you look at her smiling face (which is thin but not emaciated) and compare it to Princess number one's face when she arrived home sick two years ago, (click here to see that post) Princess number two actually looks pretty good. No make up and tears included. My nephew actually arrived home from Taiwan last month. He is MUCH thinner than princess and I realize that riding bikes and walking all day, those with fast metabolisms would have to eat all day to keep up with the energy spent. 


We have a private joke between us about being "crazy" and I knew she would be having a hard time coming home so I made name tags. I had her wear one and I wore one and we took a photo. She is "one wild and Crazy gal!" (Those of you who watched Saturday night live will get that joke.) 

I loved seeing her hugging her sisters and she cried with the relief of being home and where she is loved and will be taken care of until she is better. Of course, I cried seeing her as well. Just a mom thing. 

My favorite photo of the day was this one of her hugging my dad. He has been the father figure in her life since she was disowned by her dad at age 15 or so. See here for a blog post about her relationship with her grandfather.        

No comments:

Post a Comment