Thursday, November 25, 2010

Great Balloon Escape - Trusting God

We had a funny thing happen getting ready to go to the airport this week to pick up my oldest from her mission. The girls made a large banner that they wanted to hold and wanted to have matching balloons.


We went to get my daughters braces off that morning and they had balloons for each of the patients that were getting their braces off. I laughed as the package next to where they seated my daughter had the exact colors of balloons we wanted and I was going to head over and get balloons after dropping my daughter back to school.


I called my sister on the way home telling her of my blessing saving me $10 and how God provided the balloons that the girls wanted for the airport. I was still on the phone with my sister when I was stuffing the balloons into a garbage bag so they wouldn't be moving around the back of my car or popping as I drove the three hour trip to the airport.


I left the back door of the suburban I was going to drive open as I had a sister that was dropping off a few boxes of clothes for me to take to the city for someone else. She put the boxes in the back and the door was closed. My daughter arrived home after school and asked me if the balloons that were high in the neighbors tree were the ones for our missionary. I said, "They couldn't be, those are in a garbage bag in the back of the car." Just to be sure, I checked the back of the car. No garbage bag. The balloons were stuck high up in a neighbors tree on the next block. I guess the bag kept them from heading straight up.


We packed the car and I headed to the store to pick up more balloons. As I get out of the car, I see a dime on the ground. Because of God's name being on the coin, I picked it up as I mentioned in my post, "In God We Trust" a few weeks ago. I did it because God's name was on it.


I get into the store and tell the lady filling the balloons about my fiasco with the garbage bag and balloons. She tells me since the balloons are for a good cause she wouldn't charge me for the balloons. I once again feel so grateful having saved the money on the balloons. I get in the car and we say a prayer of thanks and ask for safety as we drive and I get a call from my good friend Julie telling me she has a gift for me to help with Christmas. As I start driving, I can finally stop and think after such a busy day, I realized the God put that coin there to tell me to "Trust Him."


Having those balloons escape from the car gave me the chance to have God show me how much he loves me and how he can provide every needful thing using businesses, strangers and friends. I am putting some ribbons from the balloons on my gratitude frame. How blessed am I!

No comments:

Post a Comment