Thursday, January 7, 2021

Making Some Suckers With Friends - Fun Afternoon

I met a new friend in the past few months. I met her when I was delivering Halloween treats around the neighborhood trying to make sure my neighbors kids got treats as I didn't know if they would send their kids trick-or-treating, and I didn't want to have little kids coming around as I was trying to keep safe. 

Here is a link to my post about trick-or-treating. 

I asked some neighbors if they knew of anyone that was in the neighborhood who I may not know. They said a single mom moved in and had a few younger kids. I dropped over a few different times before I was able to find her home. 

I was glad to finally meet her and left the treats with her for her children who weren't home when I finally met her. Later, I met the girls at church and have since enjoyed visiting and keeping up with what is going on with them. 

I offered to have the girls over and make some homemade suckers and the girls were excited about the prospect. It took us several tries before we were able to get together to actually make the suckers. 

I was able to keep the girls for the afternoon while their mother went to work. We got to make homemade suckers as well as playing a few different games before their mom came to pick them up. 

We made four different flavors of suckers and the girls each got to pick two different flavors and they also picked the colors. It was fun having tween girls in the house again. They were very excited to take home the box of treats.

We loaded up a decorative box with ribbons tied around it which held all the suckers. I thought it was cute how much detail they took putting the suckers in the box. It was very calculated and decorative. I was just loading them in but they put them in by color and shape. It was super cute!

If you are interested in making homemade suckers, here is a link to a post about making them in the microwave. 

Here is part one about making homemade suckers where I describe flavors, sticks, etc. 

Here is part two about making suckers, lollipops, or hard candy treats.  

This wasn't the firs time I was able to spend the afternoon making treats with kids and playing games.  

Here is a link to a similar day years ago.  

I love that making suckers is a fun activity that most people enjoy, but it doesn't cost much once you have supplies.

No comments:

Post a Comment