Friday, May 8, 2020

Selling off Memories and Belongings - Still Cleaning House

Today I sold off our Christmas dishes and my Chargers for my Thanksgiving set. I haven't used them in years and now the girls are all away from home and Princess One only spends one Christmas in three with me spending one with her husbands family, one with her little family, and then one with me. 

It was a little emotional selling those "dreams" of large holiday gatherings together but being realistic I have to realize that my girls will be moving on and I doubt that they will all be coming home for the holidays. 

When my siblings and I got married, we had to start having a dinner potluck for the holidays as we grew in size. 

When the girls do come home for the holidays, we are so busy that we use paper plates so that I am not running the dishwasher each meal. 

It feels good to clean the house out and let go of the past. It was also nice to have some funds in my pocket! 

Have a blessed day and stay safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment