Wednesday, May 6, 2020

Organizing the Basement and Storage Rooms Part 2

I wanted to share the final results of the other storage rooms in my neighbors basement. I shared a video of part one for the two storage rooms. The larger one with shelves and the smaller food storage rooms. 

I cleaned and organized another huge storage room and a medium sized storage room. She had 3 huge mattress sets in one of the rooms and lots of her daughters belongings. She also had the medium room filled with all the items from her mothers estate. 

This woman is at least 80 and I can only imagine how long the items have been in that room. She wanted them but has never known what to do with them. I was able to put them into a usable form. 

By organizing the rooms and stacking the totes and boxes. I then suggested rather than storing the mattresses vertical, we could actually use the beds to sleep her family when they visit because she has six or seven air mattresses and they sleep in the same room with others. 

My thought was by organizing those storage rooms, using the mattresses, that they could then have two more bedrooms for company when her kids, grandchildren, and great grandchildren come to stay. 

I have been sorting through the stuff I pulled out and donating it to different groups as I think it could help at the woman shelter, and the food bank. I dropped a few things off at friends homes today that I thought they would appreciate. 

I have another load to go to the food bank tomorrow. I hope that I can finish up cleaning and organizing my home in the next few days for the return of Princess Five. 



I made a video of the storage rooms so I could she it but was sad I didn't take pictures or videos before I started working on the rooms. 

Have a Blessed day and stay safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment