Friday, May 29, 2020

A Welcome Home Visit and Lunch Date

We got a call from my father yesterday asking if he could visit us and take us to lunch today. I have a niece that graduated from high school this year. and my father and stepmother are so amazing to go to every graduation. 

With Covid, they didn't have to come visit for a graduation, but still wanted to take my niece and her family to dinner which is the tradition. 

Since they would be driving past my area, they asked if they could take us to lunch and visit us. They came and we went to a Chinese restaurant for lunch. Most of the restaurants are open now for lunch and closed for dinner. 

It was interesting that the servers wore masks, didn't touch the menu after we used them, and they didn't take any dishes off the table until we had finished our meal. It was strange to see how things have changed. 

My stepmother is having a birthday soon, so we were able to celebrate her birthday today as well. I had some other things going on today and in my busyness, I forgot to take a photo with them, so I asked my sister to get a picture of them with their masks on, and one with them off, for me to post tonight. They looked so adorable in their masks today. 

We enjoyed a great visit and I feel so blessed to have such wonderful parents who care about my girls. It was kind they waited until Princess Fives quarantine was over and still came to visit to welcome her home. They usually come to the airport and take us to a meal after the missionary returns, so they came as soon as they were able to give her that welcome home. I am so grateful to be blessed with such amazing parents. 

Princess Five felt very special that they would make the long trip to take her to lunch. It was a blessing! 

Have a safe and Blessed day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment